Monday, February 2, 2009

A Clarification

It has come to my attention (via a rather condemnatory anonymous comment) that some people maybe thought that this paragraph in my last post:

Maybe, just maybe, if this was made out of some kind of slithery shiny satin I could picture it as the going out attire of some superannuated showgirl - but poplin? Poplin is the fabric for sensible blouses and bank teller uniforms, not aging sex kittens with too much gold jewellery and too many stories about the one that got away (he had a used car dealership, biggest on the Coast, wouldn't leave his wife in the end).

was about me. It's not - it's my hamfisted attempt to imagine the lady who might have owned that dress. She's a character, just an imaginary character. I obviously didn't write that little passage with enough clarity, so I thought I'd better make it clear now. I'm not an old showgirl, an aging sex kitten (or any other kind of sex kitten for that matter), I don't have too much gold jewellery (I kind of wish I did though), and I never had an affair with a married man, used car dealer or otherwise (obviously that was the controversial bit).

Hope that all makes sense!

xx
Skye
PS. We have another day or two until our broadband kicks in for another month, so I am a bit curtailed in my blog reading and commenting until then. So apologies for my absence, but I'll be back soon to see you all.

20 comments:

Sal said...

Oh my. How LITERAL people can be sometimes ...

UberOriginal said...

How strange that someone would take something like that so literally xx

Miss Lady Finger said...

Goodness Anonymous, you got the wrong end of the literary stick didn't you?! I thought Skye's image conjuring parallel was genius....and more than funny! x

Kathryn said...

Hilarious Skye. Just hilarious. Substitute Cairns for coast and you have the "scandal" that rocked FNQ in the early 90's...

Missa said...

Ah, priceless. ;)

A dreamer said...

HAHAHAA . people actually believed that?
well, now you know you have some gullible readers. time to lie your ass off.

Jaime said...

It seems most people get you Skye, too bad some aren't smart enough!

Make Do Style said...

I'd have fibbed and put hell yes that car dealer was the love of my life and even my rodeo moves couldn't snag him, if only I'd gone to M&S for my underwear....

Sharon Rose said...

Hi there-some people, eh!! I never had you down as an ageing sex kitten for a nanosecond! Your literary skills are obviously very good though!

Blogette said...

Haha. This. Is. Awesome.

red.door.read said...

wow, errm...i hope people don't take the random crap i post on my blog seriously.

love your colourful writing even if you're not a sex kitten. rowrr.

Fashion Addict said...

Seriously, people can get so literal these days!

BTW, I'm hosting a Valentine's Day contest and I would love it if you entered! Please check back at my blog for more details!

Hammie said...

goddamn, and here I was thinking it was you who stole my man and ran off in a gold V8 Commodore leaving me here in this trailer park with nothing but 40 Horizons, a tall-ie of vb and our broken vows!
xx

enc said...

I'd never have mistaken you for that kind of tawdry character, Skye!

Lady Melbourne said...

This is freakin' hilarious, I almost choked on my tea!!!!
I can't believe someone would think that of you, obviously not a long time readers.
I never clarify comments like that, if they don't get it, they never will.
Love always, and always love your blog,
LM
x

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

Hot Diggity! I pray to the sweet baby Jesus in his Christmas crib I could be all those women (or at least roll with 'em). This had me rofl - (he had a used car dealership, biggest on the Coast, wouldn't leave his wife in the end).

I need to know these women, happy to pay you for a hook-up.

btw - thanks for the shout out on the VF, I could believe how in depth those gals got into personal life of that Texan blogger.

Home Girl said...

ohh you are a funny sex kitten (of the youthful monogamous variety) i am missing your blog. bring back the broadband. btw we are glued to the tv here too tearly watching the bushfire coverage feeling v lucky to be safe xx

Pretty Little Pictures said...

I so hate slow internet - mines a bit haphazard too, but should kick in in the next few days as well :)

Chantelle said...

I tagged you today. :)

Vintage Verve said...

Now that. Is funny. loved the styling you did with the dress BTW.